Addi, or "Peeps" as Gramps Paik likes to call her, had a great first Christmas. At least we think she had a great first Christmas...amid all the holiday comotion and last minute running around was a little girl who had no idea this day was different from any other. In a weird way, her naivity was somewhat refreshing. We get so lost in the hustle and bustle of Christmas crowds, shopping lines, and traffic that we end up trading in our "holiday spirit" for a "scrooge attitude". We become so focused on what's left on our "to do list" that we forget that Christmas is not about giving gifts or spending money or putting up fancy decorations. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of something GREAT. Everyone's definition of that "something great" will differ, but my little 5 month old baby really put in in perspective for me. As I sat on the floor next to Addison with ribbon, paper, and tissue paper strewn about the living room floor, she looked up at me and gave me the most innocent, pure, honest smile I have ever seen. And that was all I needed. It's amazing how something so small and unknowing can remind us that Christmas is a time to give thanks for what is GREAT in our lives. We hope that during this holiday season all of you rediscover what is GREAT in your lives!!
Grammy and Gramps Paik with all the grandkids and their dog Sophie!
Christmas Eve dinner at The Pond Restaurant
Addi's first Christmas morning!
Hanging out with Aunty Kristeen and Aunty Anne...
...and Aunty Lesley and Uncle Kelsey
Playing with Aunty Wendy's expensive crystal ornament (shhhh...don't tell her!)
This about sums up Christmas

Aw, the pic with all the grandkids is priceless! Your parents look too young to have grandkids... LOL... I think that's just optimistic me because I'd like to think I look too young to have kids. Merry Xmas. Miss you like crazy.
ReplyDelete